Fire Damage Restoration
A fire is a devastating experience. Your home and possessions are damaged, or your business needs to be closed for repairs. Your family or employees are in shock and emotionally traumatized, not to mention you are losing money. When you hire a fire damage restoration company, you can expect them to be professional, courteous and understanding. Experts at Vital Restoration know how to do fire damage cleanup quickly and effectively.
Free Site Survey & Estimate
If you need professional fire damage restoration service in the Bay Area, call us today at 650-262-4545.We’ll give you a free estimate to determine the extent of the damage, assess the necessary steps needed for restoration, and calculate the cost and time required.
Restoration Process Overview
- Our fire restoration company will do all it takes to restore your home or business back to its original state. By clearing out smoke, soot and odors, washing surfaces and repainting, repairing or replacing areas of the structure, your home will be as good as new.
- Once you hire us to handle your fire damage cleanup, a certified technician will go to the site and conduct an inspection. He or she will make a determination as to how much damage was done to your home or business by fire, smoke, water or chemicals. As a result of the inspection, we can develop a plan to clean and restore your property. Once you and your insurance company approve the plan, the work can begin. It is very important to start restoration and cleaning as soon as possible after a fire, because the longer you wait, the worse the damage will be.
Clear Out Odors
- One of the first things we will perform is to bring in large, industrial fans to remove smoke and odors from the damaged area. This is a very important step, because smoke can contain corrosive substances that will continue to damage your appliances, electronics, furniture and surfaces until it is removed. The fans also help to dry out walls and floors that may have been damaged by water.
- Once smoke and odors are removed, the our restoration services team will go through the area and clean soot from walls, ceilings and floors. This could involve coating metal surfaces with petroleum jelly to protect them from corrosion, removing wet carpeting to protect wooden floors from warping, or other measures to discourage mold growth. Walls, ceilings and woodwork will be washed with trisodium phosphate to remove soot. This might need to be repeated several times to remove all stains.
Protect Unaffected Sections
- If some parts of your home or business were not involved in the fire, the fire restoration services team will close off those areas to keep odors and soot from moving into them and causing further damage. Some items, such as furniture, appliances and personal items, that were undamaged can be removed and put into storage until repairs and cleaning are complete. This ensures the safety of your remaining possessions.
Repaint, Replace, Repair
- After the soot and smoke odor has been removed, some areas of the structure may need to be painted, repaired or rebuilt completely as part of the fire restoration process. Sometimes cleaning will remove soot from walls and ceilings, but they often need to be repainted. Sometimes flooring can be scrubbed or sanded, but in some instances it needs to be replaced, as does carpeting. It is necessary to compile an inventory of items that are damaged beyond repair for filing insurance claims.
Don’t Throw Anything Away
- Seeing your personal possessions piled in soggy heaps is very depressing; yet try resisting the temptation to just hire a dumpster and throw everything away. While you will need to move things in order to begin fire damage cleanup, do not discard anything until the insurance adjuster has finished the inspection of the site. That blackened, soggy couch may look worthless to you, but if the contents of your home are insured, they still have value and the insurance company needs that information.
- Your house is more than a roof over your head; it is your sanctuary, and when it is damaged, you want to find someone you can trust to restore it. When you hire a fire restoration company, you want someone who will keep you informed and let you know how the process is going. At Vital Restoration we work quickly, efficiently and professionally to perform fire damage restoration services to get you back into your home or business as quickly as possible. Call our certified technicians today at (650) 262-4545.